TRIPAWDS: Home to 11942 Members and 1380 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Chemo delay. Vacation for mom… probably.

Despite reducing her dosage, Roxy’s WBC was low again today and they were unable to do her scheduled chemo. We are scheduled again for next week.

I guess the good news about that is that I am planning on going to Chicago tomorrow and her sitter won’t have to deal with any possible chemo side effects (not that she’s had any yet).

So, after a few weeks of teetering on the fence about going away for 5 days, I think I’m about 95% yes at this point.  I’m going to take Roxy over to my friend’s house tonight and show her the new routine. If I’m comfortable with everything at that point, I will leave Roxy with her. If I’m not, I will take her back home with me and stay home from the trip.

Now is probably a good time while Roxy is still pretty strong, and it is only for 5 days. And I kind of need a vacation right now.

Roxy last night, looking disappointed that the lawn hadn’t been mowed.

1. rica55 Said,

June 4, 2013@ 5:44 pm      Reply

Oh Roxy you are just like Jill! Mica even after we lowered the carbo dose, her WBC was still too low and we got delayed again. Just keep reminding yourself its normal and it means the chemo works for Roxy! Go enjoy your vacation and try to have some fun. I know it feels like a little bit of a disappointment I really do I’ve been in your exact spot, but it means nothing bad and Jill was able to finish her treatments it just took a little longer!

All our love,
    Erica and Jill

June 4, 2013@ 6:08 pm      Reply

Roxy, take your time and get feeling better before that chemo. Erica is right it just means that chemo is working 🙂 Keep kicking butt girly

Michelle & Sassy

June 4, 2013@ 6:21 pm      Reply

Okay, now look at that picture and tell me if you don’t see what I see…….if that Roxy doesn’thave a look of “smugness” I’ll eat……..I’m thinking………….I’ll eat a dog cookie!

Roxy is clearly proud of herself for failing her blood test so she doesn’t have to do chemo AND she wanted you to go to Chicago!! That Roxy girl is one smart chic!! I keep going back and look at it (of course I do that with ALL Roxy’s photos)and you can see her going…..tee hee hee.. I’m not doing chemo and Mom’s going on vacation!!

Wish we lived close, Nappy Hannah and I would love to dog sit sweet Roxy!!

Isn’t she staying at her home and everyone will be staying with her there or will she be going to someone else’s home?

Not gonna like not having photos form five days…..you better post one as soon as you get back!!

Oh yeah, and listen to Jill, it is not u usual t all for the blood count thing to happen a couple of times……it must be working well! Good job Roxy!

Lots of love, Sally and Happy Hannah

4. jessk Said,

June 4, 2013@ 7:10 pm      Reply

Hey there Mica & Roxy. I remember reading about your situation on the msg board post I started last week. Does this mean they will reduce the dosage again, or make it a longer time in between treatments? I take Athena to try again for round 2 on Friday. (Fingers crossed!) Keep us updated! And hopefully, you can relax and enjoy that vacation.

5. rica55 Said,

June 4, 2013@ 8:12 pm      Reply

Jess,
    After they lowered Jill’s chemo dose and her WBC was still low they did not lower it again we just waited til her WBC was ok. But that might differ from oncologist to oncologist!

6. Karma Said,

June 4, 2013@ 9:12 pm      Reply

I’m glad to hear you are going to go to Chicago. I think it will be good for you and Mica will do just great. And don’t worry about the WBC. We had the same thing with Brendol. The first time they lowered the dosage. The second time they just spread out the time between treatments. Have fun in Chicago and kisses to Roxy.

June 4, 2013@ 10:25 pm      Reply

Well shoot, everything happens for a reason. This one being that Roxy needs a vacation from her doting, worried Momma! She says GO MOMMA, have FUN!!!!

I hope you have a great time. She will be fine. You’ll feel better. And all will be perfect with the world when you return. Have a blast!

June 5, 2013@ 12:34 am      Reply

Have fun on vacation. You deserve it and Roxy must have known that!