Ice Cubes

Since Roxy is refusing to eat food, but seems to still love ice cubes, I’m going to try making dog food ice cubes. Wish us luck!

Update: Roxy loves the dog food ice cubes! I consider this a HUGE success!

August 26, 2013@ 12:39 pm      Reply

Good luck Mica. I hope the ice cubes food work.

Michelle & Angel Sassy

2. daisygirl Said,

August 26, 2013@ 1:42 pm      Reply

That’s a great idea! Hope Roxy starts feeling better. We are sending all kinds of good tripawd juju your way!

Marla and Daisy

August 26, 2013@ 2:30 pm      Reply

Ooh that could definitely work! Keep us posted and give Roxy a big hug from us, we are thinking of you.

August 26, 2013@ 5:07 pm      Reply

How can a dog be THAT cute just eating ice cubes?? THAT sweet? THAT gentle?
    Roxy girl, you always knows how to mug for the camera. I like where she drops the ice cube maybe thinking, “I’m not gonna bother licking that up…..I know mom will get it for me!”

Eating the ice cube also shows she’s okay with “chomping and chewing” so that’s good. How ’bout the old dry milk bo es…..will she eat those?

I think you have a great idea! She’s a mighty smart cookie though, so I don’t know!

Heck yeah, try anything….fudgecicles, ice cream, anythig.

It could also be something “simple” —relatively speaking—-like a fever or some type of infection. Paws crossed for smple!

Liz, HRH Roxie’s mom, got some type of vitamin gel in a tube at the GNC (I think) that she smeared in her mouth and she liked it and it perked her up…..and this going days without eating also!

Love you Mica! Love you Roxy! You’re still looking mighty content and perfectly comfortable chomping on your ice cubes!

Sally and Hapy Hannah

5. maximutt Said,

August 26, 2013@ 9:14 pm      Reply

Good job eating those ice cubes Roxy!! I hope you get to feeling better real soon! We’re thinking of you, and sending all our positive thoughts your way!!

August 26, 2013@ 10:36 pm      Reply

C’mon Roxy! Those are going to be some great ice cubes!

7. kdmilazzo Said,

August 26, 2013@ 10:55 pm      Reply

Ice cubes, ice cubes we all scream for ice cubes. I found doggie ice cream at the store as well she might like that. Heck us doggie parents will try anything when we have sick babies, I have even gone through Wendy’s drive thru twice a day with a special order for a double bacon cheese burger. I’m sure they wondered what the heck I was trying to do to myself.

8. BarretsMomHeather Said,

August 27, 2013@ 2:55 pm      Reply

Great idea! My husband would freak though.. he thinks using the same crockpot for the dog food and for our food is gross, wait till he sees what I’m going to put in the ice cube tray, LOL 🙂