Roxy eating better… and looks like she’ll have a new pal!

For the last couple of days, Roxy has seemed more like herself, AND has started to eat more. Could it be the Prednisone and pain meds that are helping? Perhaps!

Or, it could be that she perked up a bit when she found out that it looks like we’ll be getting a new friend on Monday! Zeus visited our home yesterday, and it went really, really well! She happily greeted him at the gate and was totally relaxed for the whole visit – even when he was in her personal space! So, after some paperwork, it looks like we’ll be bringing him home on Monday. YAY!

Roxy is enjoying a dog food ice cube in the following video. We went from only getting a bit of goat’s milk and ensure into her, to getting blended dog food with a splash of Ensure, to a few mouthfuls of ACTUAL canned dog food. I almost cried, I was so happy.

1. rica55 Said,

August 31, 2013@ 7:45 pm      Reply

YIPEE! This is wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 31, 2013@ 8:53 pm      Reply

I am so excited for you. This is awesome news on both accounts Mica. Congrats. and I am sure Roxy will do great and so will Zeus.
    Congrats again

Michelle & Angel Sassy

August 31, 2013@ 9:06 pm      Reply

So happy!! Can’t wait to meet Zeus!

Luanne and Spirit Shooter

4. fetchon3 Said,

August 31, 2013@ 9:57 pm      Reply

That looks so tasty! She’s perfect. Oh, boy, is she. I’d love to hang out with her and just be. She’s got an energy that came right through my screen. I’m so glad you’re feeling a little better, Roxy! You’ve got some new energy coming on Monday. Rest up. CONGRATS!
    ~ K&J

August 31, 2013@ 10:18 pm      Reply

No almost about it! I AM shedding a couple of joyful tear drops over here:-)

Yeah, I agree with Katy, she has the most wonderful energy and clearly lives in the world of “now” I think she was born with a very wise old soul!

Sooooo glad the introsuction to Zeus went well! She’ll always be the head of your household with a throne all her own. Shes going to be a wonderful teacher for Zeus and he’s going to be a wonderful supportive friend for Roxy…..and foryou! This is meant to be!

Cannot wait to see the video of the homecoming! YES Mica! Please video it! And, as you may have already imagined……..the crowd is roaring, “Please video!”

My heart is filled with so much happiness for ALL of you right now! I know Roxy is feeding ofd the happy energy of knowing she’s got a “student-in-waiting”!

Love and hugs all the way ’round!

September 1, 2013@ 8:35 am      Reply

That is awesome news!! on both parts!! food.. and friend!!
    Congratulations on your new addition to the family.. and yes.. video!! pictures!! we love them.
    So glad to hear that Roxy is feeling a bit better!! What a way to start a SPECTACULAR SEPTEMBER!!!!!

Christine….. with Franklin in her heart ♥

September 2, 2013@ 6:25 pm      Reply

Roxy, it is GREAT to see you eat with such gusto! What a great idea.

And congrats on your new partner in crime, how wonderful. We can’t wait to see you two together, so you can teach him all of your wisdom.